Today, we will make a beautiful fish from plasticine. Unfortunately, you can’t eat it, but you can decorate your room with it. Fish is also traditionally part of the Rosh Hashanah meal, for it is a traditional symbol of fertility and prosperity. During this art lesson, you will need various colours of plasticine or play doh.
1. First, we will make a torso of the fish. Roll a small ball from blue plasticine.
2. Then flatten the ball with the palm of your hand and flip on the other side.
3. With the tip of your fingers, gently raise the edges from both sides.
4. Now make a top fin. You will need 3 small pieces of dark blue or purple plasticine. Using a toothpick attach the top fin to the body of the fish.
5. Now take yellow plasticine and make a bottom fin.
*Specially For Jewish Independent .